Learn how to successfully use the Rehearsal app on your iOS device to respond to Rehearsal scenarios.
June 1, 2022
Installing the Rehearsal App on your iPhone or iPad
Follow the list of steps below to successfully install the Rehearsal app on your device.
- On your iPhone or iPad, navigate to the App Store
- Once open, click on Search with the magnifying glass in the bottom right-hand area of the screen.
- Type “VRP” into the search bar at the top of the screen, then click the blue Search button that appears on the right side of the keyboard pop up.
- Scroll down until you see VRP with the red Rehearsal “R” logo.
- Click on “GET” then on “INSTALL” on the right.
- You will be prompted to enter your Apple ID password to allow the app to be installed on your device. Type in your password, then click on “GET.”
Using the Rehearsal App on your iPhone or iPad
Follow the list of steps below to successfully use the Rehearsal app on your device.
- Once the app has finished installing, click on it to open.
- Here it will prompt you to sign in. Type in your username, then click on “NEXT.”
- Now, type in your password and click “SIGN IN.”
- Once you have signed into your account, your Dashboard screen will appear.
- The scenarios with a grey circle next to it are Untouched Scenarios.
- The scenarios with a red circle with an exclamation point next to it represent Prompted Scenarios.
- The scenarios with a purple circle with three dots are Pending Scenarios.
- The scenarios with a green circle and a check mark are Completed Scenarios.
- Now, click on the Scenario you want to view.
- Click on Record Response. If this is your first time using the app, a pop up will appear that will ask you to allow your Camera and Microphone be accessed by the app. Click on “ALLOW” for both.
- Click on the green Start Recording button at the bottom of the screen.
- You may also click on Choose Video below the Start Recording button.
- A pop up will appear that will ask you to allow your Photo Library to be accessed by the app. Click on “ALLOW.”
- Navigate to where your video is saved in your Photo Library. Click on it, then click on “CHOOSE.”
- When you complete recording your response, click on the green Submit Recording button on the right if you are satisfied with it, or click on the red Discard Recording button to discard and try again.
- When you click on Submit Recording, it will ask you if you are sure you want to submit. Click on the green YES if you are sure. Click on the grey NO if you would like to go back.
- After the response is uploaded, it will bring you back to the Scenario screen. Click on the arrow ( < ) in the top left corner to go back a page. Click on this arrow until you are on the screen you need to be on.
- Once your Mentor has provided feedback and/or graded your response, you will see a red circle with a number on the Activity Icon on the top right-hand side of the screen. Click on this icon to view the notifications.
- In this example, you will see that your Mentor graded your response. Click on this and it will take you to your graded scenario.
- The Scenario will now show up as a Completed Scenario with a green check mark.
- After the response is uploaded, it will bring you back to the Scenario screen. Click on the arrow ( < ) in the top left corner to go back a page. Click on this arrow until you are on the screen you need to be on, and continue working on responding to scenarios.
Current Unavailable Features
Our Mobile App is a great tool and new addition to our platform. There are however some features that are not available at this time. at this time. If you need to do something that is listed below, it will be best to use a web browser on your Desktop, Laptop or Device.
- Student Only: The mobile application doesn’t support Admin or Mentor features.
- Student Notes: Students are not able to add notes to their recordings.
- Leader Boards: You are currently unable to view the leaderboards.
- Scenarios Types: Hotseat, Screen Recording, and Audio-Only scenarios are unavailable.