- Quick Win Tutorials
- Getting Started
- Modular Development (ModDev)
- Quick Guides
- Best Practices
- Navigating the Workplace
- Building a Title
- Importing Content
- Working With Text
- Working with Images
- Working With Objects
- Actions and Variables
- Tests, Surveys, and Questions
- Working with Web Windows or HTML Extensions
- Publishing a Title
- Creating Web-based, Accessible Content (Section 508/WCAG)
- Lectora Layouts
- Managing Titles
- Managing your Assignments
- Managing Your Notifications
- Admin Guide
- Lectora Player Skins
- Lectora Interactions and Scenarios
- Using Tracking for Progress, Status, etc
- Working with BranchTrack
- Trouble Shooting
- Working with Audio and Video
The Training Arcade®
Rockstar Learning Platform
Can't find the answer? Ask our Customer Solutions team.
SCORM Publishing error missing a scored Test or Modify Variable
When publishing to SCORM I get the error "This course is missing a scored Test or a Modify Variable action for either AICC_Lesson_Status or AICC_Score."
When publishing to SCORM I get the error "This course is missing a scored Test or a Modify Variable action for either AICC_Lesson_Status or AICC_Score. You must have one of these items somewhere in your course for AICC/SCORM compliance. This is how the course can be set as completed within the Learning Management System."
A SCORM course must tell the LMS when the user has completed the course. You can have your course do this by either:
- Add a test to your course and make sure the Test Results property "Grade the test" is selected. Lectora will set the variable AICC_Score to the grade of the test.
- Add an action to the course that sets the variable AICC_Lesson_Status. Most LMS like "completed" as the value.
- Add an action to the course that sets the variable AICC_Score to 100.
You should also make sure the Title Type "AICC and SCORM for LMS". You can find this property at DESIGN -> Title Options.
For more information on publishing to SCORM including other values to the the above mentioned variables, please refer to the article SCORM 101 and a Lectora How-To.
This article last reviewed Dec, 2020. The software may have changed since the last review. Please visit our Release Notes to learn more about version updates.