- Quick Win Tutorials
- Getting Started
- Modular Development (ModDev)
- Quick Guides
- Navigating the Workplace
- Building a Title
- Importing Content
- Working With Text
- Working with Images
- Working With Objects
- Actions and Variables
- Tests, Surveys, and Questions
- Working with Web Windows or HTML Extensions
- Publishing a Title
- Creating Web-based, Accessible Content (Section 508/WCAG)
- Lectora Layouts
- Managing Titles
- Managing your Assignments
- Managing Your Notifications
- Admin Guide
- Lectora Player Skins
- Lectora Interactions and Scenarios
- Using Tracking for Progress, Status, etc
- Working with BranchTrack
- Trouble Shooting
- Working with Audio and Video
- Working with Screen Recorder
The Training Arcade®
Rockstar Learning Platform
Can't find the answer? Ask our Customer Solutions team.
Using Grids and Guidelines in your Lectora Titles
Join this session to learn how to use grids and guidelines in your Lectora titles. Grids and guidelines will save time and help you keep content consistent from page to page. We will teach you how to use grids and guides to help with alignment of objects, plus determine the size of pages, objects and text blocks within your Lectora titles.
While this video is using an older version of Lectora all of the processes and concepts are still relevant for both Lectora Publisher/Inspire and Lectora Online.
You can specify preferences for grid and guide features. The grid is an alignment and spacing framework that is displayed as a page background. Guides are horizontal and vertical lines which originate from the ruler and can be placed anywhere on a page for object alignment. To create a guide, be sure rulers are showing. Then drag the cursor from the top ruler or the from the left ruler onto the work area. To remove a guide, hold down the Ctrl key and drag the guide off the work area. Grids and guides are useful for precisely aligning objects such as images, test questions or form objects. The Snap to Grid feature enables you to move objects to the nearest grid increment.
To specify grid and guide preferences:
- On the View ribbon, click Options from the Grids and Guides group. The Grid and Guides Options window opens.
- For grid preferences, use the Grid Color drop-down list to select the color to use for grids.Use the Grid Spacing field to specify the grid spacing in pixels. The default is 20.
- Click OK.
This article last reviewed Dec, 2015. The software may have changed since the last review. Please visit our Release Notes to learn more about version updates.