- Quick Win Tutorials
- Getting Started
- Modular Development (ModDev)
- Quick Guides
- Best Practices
- Navigating the Workplace
- Building a Title
- Importing Content
- Working With Text
- Working with Images
- Working With Objects
- Actions and Variables
- Tests, Surveys, and Questions
- Working with Web Windows or HTML Extensions
- Publishing a Title
- Creating Web-based, Accessible Content (Section 508/WCAG)
- Lectora Layouts
- Managing Titles
- Managing your Assignments
- Managing Your Notifications
- Admin Guide
- Lectora Player Skins
- Lectora Interactions and Scenarios
- Using Tracking for Progress, Status, etc
- Working with BranchTrack
- Trouble Shooting
- Working with Audio and Video
The Training Arcade®
Rockstar Learning Platform
Can't find the answer? Ask our Customer Solutions team.
Adding a Channel
This article will explain how to add and configure a channel. Channels can only be added by administrators.
June 1, 2022
Channels can be used for many purposes. A channel can be named for a topic, initiative, or its intended audience, among other things.
To Add a New Channel
- In Channels, click or tap the New Channel button.
- Give the channel a unique name.
- It’s a great idea to provide a brief description of the purpose of the channel to give your team members an idea of how the channel is to be used.
- Configure whether posts must be approved by an admin, and whether users will be allowed to leave comments on videos.
- Click Done.
These permissions can be managed later by accessing the gear box icon in the upper-right corner of the channel.
By default, channels are visible to all Rehearsal users in your organization. If you would like to show a channel only to specific users, please see Creating and Modifying Private Channels.