Vimeo videos can control how they are accessed and if they are allowed to be embedded in web pages or other products.
- Anywhere: Anyone can embed your video onto any page on the internet.
- Nowhere: No one, including you and your team members, can embed your video anywhere. It will only be viewable on vimeo.com.
- Specific domains (Available for all plans except Free and Basic): After you select this, add your website’s or LMS domain (mysite.com) or subdomain (subdomain.mysite.com) in the text field that appears below the dropdown menu; be sure to click (+) to add it. You can specify and manage up to 50 domains where your video can be embedded.
- Note that subdomains will need to be added individually; the main domain will cover additional URL paths (mysite.com/specificpage) but will not cover subdomains.
- Wildcard characters are not supported.
- In Lectora, select to Insert an HTML Extension object.
- After inserting, select the HTML Extension and click on the menu item Properties, then on Edit pencil near the left in the menu ribbon.
- Paste the embed code starting with <iframe> and save.
- Use View in Browser / Preview to verify functionality, then also Publish and test.
TIP: The embed code will usually include a default size like width="640" height="338". The HTML Extension box must be the same size to see the whole video. Change the embed code size to match the Extension size found in the Properties tab. The Vimeo Fullscreen option is usually displayed and available for the viewer at run time.