Lectora Online 6.1 Release Notes
August 6th, 2023
Lectora Online 6.1 (192)
Powerful PowerPoint Import Updates
We rebuilt the PowerPoint import. Now it supports importing all PowerPoint versions. You will find more options for how content is imported and in general it has better support for importing text, tables, shapes and images. The underlying technology is much more robust. Please send us any feedback or requests you have!
New Action Triggers: Scroll into view / Scroll out of view
These triggers allow you to transition items in and out as the student scrolls down the page. They allow for any Lectora action to be run when an item comes in to view so this can be used to create some exciting interactions.
Disable Seek Ahead on Audio and Video
This feature allows you to keep users from skipping parts of audio or video. This is helpful for compliance courses where you need to ensure someone watches all the content. You can re-enable seek ahead if the student is coming back to a page for review.
More information on this feature is at this article: Lectora Disable Seek Ahead on Media
LO-8238 SCORM saving of bookmarking and status variables is greatly improved.
LO-8263 Text To Speech CC file now keeps punctuation.
LO-7435 In Accessible projects images and shapes will have “Empty Alt Tag” selected by default when they are inserted.
LO-8274 In Accessible projects inserted buttons will not have “Always on Top” selected by default.
LO-7687 In Accessible projects “Empty Alt Tag” will be unselected if an action is added to a shape or image.
LO-7899 An accessible focus highlighter now shows when tabbing through Table of Contents
LO-8065 Updated the WCAG checker for the latest compliance level.
LO-7441 Changing the text of a button will update the button name in the Project Explorer, this saves time and makes identifying your text buttons easier.
LO-7342 Matching Questions connecting lines have been improved so they line up better with the objects being matched.
LO-8264 New pill shapes have a modern look (gradient removed)
LO-7303 Removed the “Convert to short names” HTML publish option and instead always publish using short names.
LO-7392 The all-in-one share button was made more secure.
LO-7410 Internal jQuery (triv$) was updated to version 3.6.1.
LO-7585 Project Explorer improvement that allows you to select Lectora Objects and Lectora Pages at the same level. This makes copy / paste and creation of Library Objects easier.
LO-7740 Improved bottom/right positioning of Checkbox and Radio objects.
LO-7769 Button text shows properly for RTL languages.
LO-7901 Page properties Inherit Control shows the appropriate status.
LO-8200 Using transitions no longer hide shadows on images and shapes in run mode.
LO-7930 The focus action now can be used inside a text block hyperlink.
LO-7943 Youtube video controller support improved.
LO-7947 cmi5 startup improvements based on customer feedback.
LO-8151 Audio can be played with the speaker icon in run mode.
LO-8241 Project search/finder is more friendly.
LO-8280 Focus action now works with an On Show trigger.
Many many more UX and polish improvements we know you’ll love!
Lectora Online 6.0 Release Notes
June 10th, 2023
Lectora Online 6.0 (164)
Introducing the AI Course Wizard! ⭐ See the blog post for more info!
This marks the first major enhancement leveraging Lectora's integration with Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology. Say goodbye to writer's block and hello to accelerated content creation!
Simply enter your desired topic, click "generate" and overcome creative barriers.
We value your input and strive to continuously improve our products. That's why we invite you to check out the AI Course Creation Wizard and share your thoughts in the ELB Learning Community. We are eagerly monitoring your feedback and suggestions as we shape the future evolution of Lectora's AI capabilities.
Lectora Online 5.2.9 Release Notes
April 30th, 2023
Lectora Online 5.2.9 (188)
LO-8023: Replace Pendo Components such as Tutorials and In-App Guide
LO-8149: Upgrade datatables.net package
Lectora Online 5.2.8 Release Notes
April 9th, 2023
Lectora Online 5.2.8 (185)
LO-8137: PEN Test Fix
LO-8061: Error message (error 101) when creating XLF translation file for newer courses
Lectora Online 5.2.7 Release Notes
March 26th, 2023
Lectora Online 5.2.7 (181)
LO-7976 - Update LO Upgrade/Subscription tab to use Portal for upgrading - remove Stripe
LO-8108 - PEN Test issues to resolve
Lectora Online 5.2.6 Release Notes
February 24th, 2023
Lectora Online 5.2.6 (177)
LO-8046 - Adding one of the TTA subscriptions to an org in portal changes the number of seats in that org in LO
Lectora Online 5.2.5 Release Notes
January 29, 2023
Lectora Online 5.2.5 (175)
LO-7944 - Sunset SOM in Lectora Online
LO-8022 - Unlimited Disk Quota for Portal orgs
Lectora Online 5.2.4 Release Notes
December 3, 2022
Lectora Online 5.2.4 (172)
LO-7954 Output of XLF export no longer working for German vowel mutation characters a.k.a. Umlauts
LO-7972 Updating the CourseMill field in Lectora Online is not fully saving and reverts back to the default setting
Lectora Online 5.2.3 Release Notes
Oct 15, 2022
Lectora Online 5.2.3 (151)
- LO-7888 Saba Publisher Online has no ReviewLink tab in the user's Preferences window so they can't change RL email or password
- LO-7940 CLONE - Update AICC publish to copy files in the CRS folder to the root folder when publishing
- LO-7834 LO/RL Platform Upgrades
- LO-7889 User cannot select text in published projects regardless of the Protect content option checked
- LO-7900 Illustrated Cut Out Characters cannot be downloaded from LO
- LO-7928 Preferences, Apps, ReviewLink, Cannot remove password from field plus old value comes back.
- LO-7935 Audio Closed caption text appears in wrong place up the page from the closed caption black box
- LO-3338 YouTube closed captioning does not display via LO, does display via LD.
- LO-7892 Publish to RL - Account Settings button not working right
- LO-7925 Closed caption background flag is not correct if importing PKG from LD
Lectora Online 5.2 Release Notes
Dec 12, 2021
Lectora Online 5.2 (86)
Publish to The Training Arcade Activity List
Publish your Lectora Online SCORM content as an activity within your arcade, such as a Task, Mission, or Journey. (requires an Arcades® subscription)
Publish to Rockstar Learning Platform
Publish Lectora courses directly to your platform. Don't have a platform? Contact us for a free demo!
Publish to Docebo
Enjoy easy integration with the Docebo LMS. Publish your Lectora courses directly to the Docebo Content Library in a few clicks.
Add CenarioVR content.
Drop in your zipped scenario in a few clicks
Trigger an event when the scenario completes (on-done)
Upon completion of the CVR content, the following 3 variables are set.
Result (passed, failed, & completed status)
New Focus Action to set the keyboard focus to any Lectora object
Focus an element on the fly to improve the navigation experience for screen reader learners. (Coming soon to Desktop!)
LO-7682 Fonts are now retained when importing a Question/Test CSV
LO-7676 Video controller buttons no longer overlap with RTL (right to left) languages
Lectora Online 5.1 Release Notes
Oct 22, 2021
Lectora Online 5.1 (126)
Training Arcade Integration
Allows Authors to insert Training Arcade Games directly into their Lectora Course and retrieve user interaction information from the Game object
- Insert a Training Arcade Game directly into a Lectora Online course
- Training Arcade Game variables provide information to the Lectora course on the Learner's interaction with the embedded Training Arcade Game (where xxx is the numeric ID of the object)
Duration (in seconds from game beginning to end)
Variable Name: Object_Name_xxx_Duration
Result (passed, failed or completed - set after end of game)
Variable Name: Object_Name_xxx_Result
Score (percent correct, not the game score)
Variable Name: Object_Name_xxx_Score
Points (points accumulated in the game)
Variable Name: Object_Name_xxx_Points
- New "OnDone Playing" trigger for Training Arcade Games
LO-7672 Textbox formatting lost when switching content
LO-7686 The auto start media tap/click page now uses a play button for better appeal. The play button is always visible, providing a better user experience, even for taller pages or smaller devices.
LO-7678 Older style Legacy Lectora buttons and shapes have no icon
Lectora Online 5.0.2 Release Notes
Sep 13, 2021
Lectora Online 5.0.2 (86)
This release includes several system performance improvements.
The OnShowPlay action will wait for an initially hidden video to be displayed.
PowerPoint files with certain m4a audio files are now supported.
Lectora Online 5.0.1 Release Notes
Aug 1, 2021
Lectora Online 5.0.1 (71)
UI text size increased to improve usability
When deleting a progress bar, custom variables are now retained
Publish to HTML: HTTP 500 error and zip file failure
Find/Replace ".<space><space>" with ".<space>"
Error Code 1004 with custom colors
Lectora Online 5.0
Jul 11, 2021
Lectora Online 5.0 (55)
These Modular Development tools, which dramatically reduce time, save money, and extend resources with repeatable, scalable processes include:
- Ready-made instructional design frameworks
- Mobile-ready themes & style packs
- Interactive wireframe templates
- New library of templatized interactions
With these new ModDev elements, instructional designers can customize and brand once, and blast their branded modular templates across a global organization for consistent, professional results.
Modernized User Interface and Experience
Lectora ModDev rapid modular development system
New Mobile-Ready Themes & Style Packs
Interactive Wireframe Templates
Custom Color Palettes Save & Import
Visual Style Preview
Improved Media Event Synchronization
Greater Control of Closed Captioning
Improved video editing capabilities of Screen Recorder Tool
Text block with a hide by float transition will now reappear when a show action is applied.
In Run Mode, Mute now will persist across pages
Lectora Online 4.10
Nov 6, 2020
Lectora Online 4.10 (198)
- Organizations can now set their own Password Policy LO-7241
- Now organization administrators can set a password policy
Number of failed login attempts before user is locked out
- Lockout time period
- Password length
- Number of numbers required in a password
- Number of uppercase characters required in a password
- Number of lowercase characters required in a password
- Number of special characters required in a password
- Do not allow username or names in a password
- Do not allow consecutive characters
- Check against a list of common bad passwords (blacklist)
- Now organization administrators can set a password policy
- Translate courses using the XLIFF file format LO-7244
The translation tool now produces XLIFF files for translation
- Closed Captions can be added to any video with the video editor LO-7239
- Translate courses using the XLIFF file format LO-7244
- Videos can be created in a structured way with the video editor Scripted option LO-7228
- 211970271 Test saving values in question variable
- 217724132 Error during executing action an action [Video Close] Safari
- 231213806 YouTube Video video does not show if initially hidden
- 204156323 Media Events not working in Safari on MacOS since last LO update
- 200307824 Manage Titles dialog, Right Click not working
- Support - Closed Caption box in video player has lost its background that helps the text stand out from the video
- Support - Closed Caption <span> text formatting doesn't work
- Support - Edit question text control in Question Editor does not work on Mac
- Community - M4A audio files not playing on v4.9
- Support - YouTube auto-start issue
- Support - xAPI course description causes JS error if it contains a newline char
Lectora Online 4.9
Sept 11, 2020
Lectora Online 4.9 (548)
Enhancements:Audio and Video Player Updated LO-6831
- Stream your videos with the latest technologies
- More authors are using media streaming services that utilize Browser native streaming protocols such as HLS and MPEG-Dash. We have updated the media player so you can take advantage of these modern streaming protocols natively in Lectora.
- Now when you update a variable you will see any associated objects update.
- Variables that are used inline in Text Blocks are now updated when the variable is modified with a Modify Variable action. Similarly when you use Modify Variable to update Question, Form Element, or Progress Bar variables the UI of those objects will change to the new value.
- We upgraded the jQuery library used by Lectora to jQuery 3.5.1.
- With this update we drop support for Internet Explorer 9 and less for published courses.
- The internal jQuery library can be accessed through scripting using the triv$ object.
- This update ensures the latest security fixes for jQuery will be included in your published content.
- You asked and we listened. Back by popular demand the Send Email action has returned!
- We highly recommend you submit results or responses through our Submit Form Action or Submit Test Results to a server side script or Google Forms. However, if you have a use case where you want your students to use email, this action is back in Lectora for you to use.
- The Click / Tap here start page is now Accessible (WCAG compliant), it uses a standard button object. The text for this page can be configured in the Publish String Sets. You can also find some secret styling tips for this page in our community forum.
- For Text to Speech a sample rate of 8000Hz is just not enough. We have listened and with this release higher sample rates are now available!
- We’ve made our publishing options easier to understand
- When scaling to fill up the browser window you can now also set a limit so your content is not expanded beyond a reasonable size.
LO-7146: Google Fonts Format UpdatedGoogle changed the way they package their fonts (https://fonts.google.com/) and as such we have made adjustments so you can use their new format. In Lectora Online you will want to follow these instructions for installing custom fonts.
LO-7137: Text Wrapping ImprovementText Wrapping improvement for mobile views. Text blocks would sometimes grow too large on mobile device views making the page taller than it needed to be. This fix shows our commitment to evolving our industry leading exclusive Responsive Course Design system.
We noticed that some of the object transitions were not working properly and so we put some effort into ensuring that they work as expected. Please take advantage of object transitions when hiding and showing objects to add even more excitement to your training
LO-7154: Object Transitions Improved
LO-6792: On mobile devices a Change Contents action would not allow media auto-start.
LO-7163: An event can not be created when it is greater than 1 hour into the media.
When customizing a different state of the Button. It appeared to remove the Picture fill but upon save close and reopen the Picture fill would reappear on the Button state.
LO-7164: If the normal state of a Button has a Picture fill then it cannot be removed
This article last reviewed December 2021. The software may have changed since the last review. Please visit our Release Notes to learn more about version updates.