- Quick Win Tutorials
- Getting Started
- Modular Development (ModDev)
- Quick Guides
- Navigating the Workplace
- Building a Title
- Importing Content
- Working With Text
- Working with Images
- Working With Objects
- Actions and Variables
- Tests, Surveys, and Questions
- Working with Web Windows or HTML Extensions
- Publishing a Title
- Creating Web-based, Accessible Content (Section 508/WCAG)
- Lectora Layouts
- Managing Titles
- Managing your Assignments
- Managing Your Notifications
- Admin Guide
- Lectora Player Skins
- Lectora Interactions and Scenarios
- Using Tracking for Progress, Status, etc
- Working with BranchTrack
- Trouble Shooting
- Working with Audio and Video
- Working with Screen Recorder
The Training Arcade®
Rockstar Learning Platform
Can't find the answer? Ask our Customer Solutions team.
Set Tracking Status Actions
This video explains how to use the action “set tracking status” in Lectora and Lectora Online.
This action sets the tracking status for a specific chapter, section, page, test, test section, or survey. For example, you can use this action to mark a page as “In Progress” until a user completes viewing a video.
- When the Set Tracking Status action is used to set the tracking status for a title, chapter, section, page, test, test section, or survey to “Not Started”, all the child chapters, sections, and pages will be reset to “Not Started”. For example, setting the title to “Not Started” will force all of the child chapter, sections, pages, tests, test sections, and surveys to “Not Started”. Setting a chapter to “Not Started” will force all child sections, and pages to “Not Started”.
- When the Set Tracking Status action is used to set the tracking status for a title, chapter, section, page, test, test section, or survey to “In Progress”, the target is set as “In Progress” regardless of whether its children are “Completed”. Additionally, chapters, sections, pages, tests, test sections or surveys above the target (its parents) will never automatically go to “Completed” because it is “In Progress”. The only way to change the status of a target set to “In Progress” is by using another Set Tracking Status action to set it to another condition (for example, “Completed”).
- When the Set Tracking Status action is used to set the tracking status for a title, chapter, section, page, test, test section, or survey to “Completed”, the target is set to “Completed” regardless of the tracking status of the children. The only way to change the status of a target set to “Completed” is by using another Set Tracking Status action to set it to another condition.
Graded tests cannot be the target of a Set Tracking Status action. Graded tests will be automatically set to “Completed” when they are passed; otherwise, graded tests will remain “Not Started” or “In Progress” as appropriate.
For more information on utilizing the tracking status feature of Lectora please review these Trivantis Community resources:
This article last reviewed Dec, 2015. The software may have changed since the last review. Please visit our Release Notes to learn more about version updates.