- ELB Learning Knowledge Base
- Working With Text
- Quick Win Tutorials
- Getting Started
- Modular Development (ModDev)
- Quick Guides
- Best Practices
- Navigating the Workplace
- Building a Title
- Importing Content
- Working With Text
- Working with Images
- Working With Objects
- Actions and Variables
- Tests, Surveys, and Questions
- Working with Web Windows or HTML Extensions
- Publishing a Title
- Creating Web-based, Accessible Content (Section 508/WCAG)
- Lectora Layouts
- Managing Titles
- Managing your Assignments
- Managing Your Notifications
- Admin Guide
- Lectora Player Skins
- Lectora Interactions and Scenarios
- Using Tracking for Progress, Status, etc
- Working with BranchTrack
- Trouble Shooting
- Working with Audio and Video
The Training Arcade®
Rockstar Learning Platform
Can't find the answer? Ask our Customer Solutions team.
Why is Dynamic Text option grayed out in Lectora?
Dynamic text needs to be enabled at the Course Level before you can set a text block's Dynamic Text property.
You can enable the Dynamic Text Option in the Project options Window. To access this window:
- Click on the DESIGN tab in the main menu.
- On the ribbon menu, in the Project Setup section, there is an icon named "Project Options." Click on this icon to open the Project Options window.
- ON the Project Options window, click the check box next to "Enable Dynamic Text Option" to enable this option.
- Click the OK button to save your changes.
To enable this feature on a text block turn on the property called "Dynamic Text". To do this:
- Double-click the text block graphic of the text block in the Project Explorer. Alternatively, you can right-click the graphic and select Properties or right-click on the text block in the work-area and select Properties. The Properties ribbon is displayed.
Enable the Dynamic Text check box in the Web Options group.
Name the text block with a unique name. For details about naming a text block, see Changing the name of a text block.
Dynamic text blocks must have unique names in the Project Explorer.
Note: In Lectora versions 19 and earlier, the configuration window and icon is named "Title Options", and the "Project Explorer" is named "Title Explorer."