Release note history for the Rockstar Learning Platform
July 6, 2022
Feature Enhancement from Client’s Wish List
June 6, 2022
- View Modules’ Course Listings: Administrators can now view all of the courses a module belongs to, as well as the courses’ path/hierarchy, directly from the module’s details page.
- Update “Percent Complete” for Audio and Video Modules: Admins can now add a “percent complete” to audio and video modules using the “update completion status” feature.
- Batch Delete Modules: The Module Batch Editor now allows admins to delete multiple modules at once, either from the content library or within specific courses.
- Registrations and Module Completion Report to CSV: The exported Registrations Report and Module Completion Report are now CSV files.
- Files Attached to Learner Activities Now in Export Report: A new column has been added to the exported file of the Learner Activity Reports. This column includes hyperlinks to any files that were uploaded to a learner activity.
- Reusable Seats per Office: Admins have a new Office Cap setting. Expired learners can either be counted as part of an Office’s maximum number of learners or their “seats” can be filled by new users.
- Public API: The Rockstar Learning Platform now includes a public API to facilitate integration with other systems.
- Fixed an issue where administrators who used SSO were redirected to a page that stated they did not have access to the admin page when they logged out instead of the logout screen.
- Video attachments will now play when selected rather than download when the user is accessing the module from their phone.
- Fixed an error that occasionally caused newly uploaded modules to be stuck in a “Processing” state.
Administrative Feature Enhancements
March 28, 2022
- Administrators can Mark Modules “Complete”: Administrators can mark that learners have completed a module even if the module was not completed.
- Export a List of Offices: Admins can export a list of offices that belong to each enterprise, including office name, abbreviation, expiration period, office cap, and the number of active users.
- Rename the “Learner Activity” Field: Administrators can now rename “Learner Activities” similar to how they can rename “Courses” and “Modules”.
- New “Enrolled By” Column in the Completion Report: The new “Enrolled By” column shows the email address of the person who enrolled a learner in the course/module.
- Single Sign-On IdP Enhancements: Administrators can now choose to route Rockstar Learning Platform-generated emails through the identity provider’s (IdP) login page. They can also choose to prevent users from logging in directly to the Rockstar Learning Platform, and only allow logon through the IdPs login page.
- Training ArcadeTM Demo: Users who do not yet have a Training ArcadeTM account, are now able to add demo games and ArcadesTM to try out the experience.
- CenarioVR Thumbnails: CenarioVR SCORM files uploaded to the Rockstar Learning Platform are now easily identified by a CenarioVR thumbnail image that is automatically added to the module.
- Events with dates that span multiple months will now appear correctly in the Event Calendar.
- Display problems with the course/module description on the “Enrolled” tab of the user dashboard have been fixed.
- Hyphens are now allowed in subdomains.
- Due date notifications no longer trigger for learners who have already completed the course.
- The information in the “Additional” field is now correctly displayed in the Event Course report.
Simplify Enrollment, Cancel RSVP, and Publish from Lectora Online
January 10, 2022
- Enrollment Due Dates. Administrators can now set due dates for module and course enrollment. Due dates can be a specific day or a relative day based on when the user was enrolled in the course/module. Administrators can also set automated “due soon” and “past due” reminders for learners.
- Auto-Recurring Enrollments. For modules and courses that need to be taken periodically, administrators can now set up automatic recurring enrollments. Administrators can view enrollment completion based on each enrollment period.
- Lectora Online One-Click Publish. Course developers can now publish directly from Lectora Online to the Rockstar Learning Platform.
- “All” Learner Group. Users, modules, and channels will now be automatically assigned to the “All” learner group. Administrators can toggle this new feature off, and users, modules, and Channels can be removed from the “All” learner group. This feature will be toggled off by default for existing accounts and must be toggled on if this new feature is desired.
- Preview Modules. Modules (video, audio, SCORM, PDF, link, and YouTube) can be previewed in the My Library and Subscription tabs with the new “Preview” button.
- “Expired” Module Status: Modules that have expired will now display they are “expired” rather than “not published”.
- Cancel RSVP: Admins can now cancel users’ RSVPs for event modules and users can cancel their own RSVPs.
- User Status Field: A user status field has been added to the module completion report.
- SCORM Launch in New Window: The usability of SCORM files that are launched in a new window has been improved.
- The SCORM 2004 Data Model has been updated
- The “Open in a New Window” feature has been improved for Bizlibrary, Articulate Rise, and other SCORM modules
- Loading time has been improved and continuous loading errors have been resolved
- An issue with duplicate microlearning modules on creation has been fixed
- Improved search capabilities
- All enterprise strings now display in the settings dropdown
- The “Library has expired” error message has been removed
- Users are no longer logged out when selecting enrolled modules
- The “Enroll others” button now reliably selects the correct module
- The import users list can now include both new and existing users; existing users will not have a new account created
- Blank spaces can no longer be added to the end of users’ emails on the “Enrollment” tab
- Enrollment emails now automatically log users in when they select the “start” button
- Report exporting capabilities and display has been improved
- Button display and other display issues with module pages and thumbnails have been resolved
- Prerequisite navigation has been repaired
- The display and functionality of the microlearning module builder’s camera feature, CenarioVR modules, and other features have been improved
- Module pages now consistently display the “Add to saved”, “Rating”, and “Add to board” buttons
- SCORM module scoring no longer displays “NAN”
- “Session” has been replaced with “Module” on the “Enroll” popup window and on the “Status completion” popup
- The “Exit” button on modules that have opened in a new tab now works reliably
RLP 1.5.11 Maintenance
November 21, 2021
- RSVP button is now disabled for Prerequisites
- Microlearning Modules are no longer duplicating when first created
- Users can no longer edit virtual copies of microlearning modules and games
- Making a virtual copy of a module only creates one copy entry
- Enrollment completion data for historic records have been updated
- Problems with launching VADO SCORM modules have been resolved
- Broken Images in CVR modules have been repaired
Enrollment Feature Enhancements and Usability Improvements
September 09, 2021
- Unenroll learners. Administrators can now unenroll learners who self-enrolled in courses or modules or learners that were enrolled by administrators.
- Hide the Unenroll button for specific courses. The Unenroll button that is displayed on course tiles on the learner dashboard, course pages, and module pages can now be hidden by setting Allow Users to Unenroll to No when editing a course from the administrative Content page.
- Batch enroll up to 999 learners at once. Administrators are now able to batch enroll up to 999 users at the same time (previous limit was 100).
- Launch SCORM in its own window. Administrators are now able to specify with an on/off toggle if a SCORM module will launch in its own window (as opposed to opening on the course page).
- Session has been renamed to Module. This change addresses a common point of confusion for new users of the platform and is in line with standard terminology used when referring to units of instructional content.
- Media Group has been renamed to Learner Group. This change more accurately reflects how these tags are used for assigning content to specific groups of learners.
Build out Microlearning Modules & Add Games—No Separate Authoring Tool Needed!
July 21, 2021
- Create microlearning modules using the new built-in rapid authoring tool. Add microlearning modules (with text, images, videos, and more) to your reusable content library—no separate authoring tool required!
- Insert games and arcades from The Training ArcadeTM. Connect your account from The Training ArcadeTM to easily add games and arcades into your reusable content library in the Rockstar Learning Platform. Then add them to courses, microlearning modules, and channels.
- View all enrolled users. Administrators are now able to view all learners enrolled in a course, including those who self-enrolled or were enrolled by another administrator.
- Results display issue with the Interactive > Users report
Create and Subscribe to Content Libraries - All with a Faster Load Time
April 30, 2021
- Content providers on the Rockstar Learning Platform can now be enabled as Publishers. Publishers can create libraries of content to share with other Rockstar Learning Platform customers.
- Subscribers will be able to access published content from the Subscriptions tab on their admin Content page and can blend subscription content into their courses and channels.
- Improved usability of the following reports:
- User: User Details
- Interactive: Module
- Interactive: User
- Events: Module
- Events: User
- Activity: Module
- Activity: User
Data for these reports is available at a glance now; there is no need to search in order to see results.
- Course page load time has been significantly reduced
Seeing Your Content Contributions Just got Easier
April 22, 2021
- User-contributed content is listed under the Contributions tab instead of My Library
Create Learning Paths Based on Learners’ Interests - Plus SAML and an Improved Video Interface
March 23, 2021
- Interest assessments with automatic enrollment to personalize learning paths based on a person’s interests
- SAML Integration can now be set up in general settings of admin
- Admins can now add YouTube videos that are displayed inline on the module page
- Links and YouTube videos now have an option to open in a new window
- Video duration is displayed on the course page
- A Media group filter was added to the enrollment tab of the admin section
Contribute YouTube Videos to Channels
February 26, 2021
- Users can now contribute YouTube videos to channels
Premium Feature: BizLibrary Ready-Made Courses
January 29, 2021
- BizLibrary- a subscription to more than 2,500 video-based micro-courses
Manage Your Learning System: Assessment-Based Learning Paths, VILT Integration, Learner Activities, and Premium Video Coaching
January 22, 2021
- Learner pre-assessments with automatic enrollment to personalize learning paths based on skill gaps and interests
- Events for integrating Virtual Instructor-led Training into courses and learning pathways
- Learner Activities to promote higher levels of engagement and retention, with task lists for on-the-job training guidance and learner evidence uploads to document real-world learning and experience
- Channels that enable you to turn on learning streams in your organization to provide a constant flow of knowledge, provided in almost real-time, to the people who need it in order to competently perform their jobs and enhance their skill set
- “Contribute” button that enables channel members to create and share learning content with others in the channel with one click
- Rehearsal for video coaching- a tool with automatic speech recognition and natural language processing to automatically advance learners through a video coaching learning scenario