Release note history for the Rockstar Learning Platform
February 8, 2024
Enhancements for Enterprise Scale
February 8, 2024
- Pagination for Office Settings: To better accommodate customers with a substantial number of offices, we have introduced pagination to the office settings. This enhancement ensures a more efficient and organized display, particularly for clients overseeing more than 200 offices. Users can now navigate seamlessly through their extensive office portfolio, enhancing the overall usability of the platform.
- Office Search in User Edit Screen and Filters: For enterprises with a vast network of over 2000 offices, we understand the challenges of efficiently managing users across numerous locations. In response to this, we've added an office search feature to the user edit screen and user filters. This empowers administrators to quickly locate and associate users with specific offices, simplifying the task of user management in large-scale enterprises.
- Security updates
- TINCAn/microlearning updates
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Active users displaying as pending resolved.
- Due soon email notification triggered prematurely fixed.
- Duplicate courses in the course hierarchy addressed.
- Turning off recurring enrollment no longer deletes previous records.
- Module preview issue resolved for modules with identical titles.
- Duplicate records no longer appear in the course completion report.
- Navigation no longer disappears in course subscription.
Beta Reports: New Reports, Report Scheduler
January 25, 2024
Dashboard with interactive graph and usage trends showing:
- New reports
- Course enrollment summary
- Course enrollment detailed
- Module enrollment summary
- Module enrollment detailed
- Enhanced Report Speed: Experience virtually no waiting time with the swift generation of the dedicated report infrastructure. Its ability to scale dynamically, based on the workload, ensures that even the most extensive reports are generated quickly.
- Effortless Filtering and Searching: Reports respond instantly to your filtering and searching actions, allowing you to find the data you need with ease. Not only can you click on nearly any data-point for quick filtering, but you can also add filters through the dedicated Filter panel located on the right side of the interface.
- Seamless Data Export: With the ability to export on-screen reports in .XLSX and .CSV formats, you can conveniently take your data for further analysis or integration into other tools. Additionally, your exports include the filters that you’ve applied; providing a smooth transition to external applications.
- Scheduled Reports: Automate the generation and delivery of critical data. Select the frequency at which reports should be generated, input multiple email addresses to which reports should be automatically delivered to, and sleep easy knowing that emailed-URLs come with a built-in expiration of 7 days for maximum security. Of course, if you’d like to make any changes, or regenerate an expired report, you can do so by accessing your scheduled reports within the Scheduled Reports section.
See the new reports in action:
- Bugs identified in Pre-beta reviews are included as part of this release.
Improved Platform Security and New User Input Fields
Dec 1, 2023
- User Input Fields: Your learners can now enter additional information via User Input fields. The fields will be displayed on a prompt page and user profile page where learners can edit them at any time. These fields can be enabled in the user data section of admin settings.
- Improved user interface of the due date notification frequency setting: We improved the user interface of the due date notification frequency setting section by adding chevron arrows and a count of notifications that are activated.
- Automated Bizlibrary Updates: Your Bizlibrary content is now automatically updated, giving you the most up-to-date material.
Security and Performance Improvements
- Increased security and performance enhancements: Our latest performance improvements make the application faster, more efficient and significantly boost execution speed. The increased security protects the application from potential vulnerabilities.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Users will be automatically unenrolled from content after it is deleted
- Allowed special characters in user self registration URL
- Added first passing score and highest score for quizzes
- Fixed In-app notification hyperlink issue
- Fixed obstacles when enrolling users into events
- Added message in Admin Enrollments Tab to show when a user loses access to a course because of a learner group change
- Addressed progress discrepancy in module and course completion reports
- Removed duplicate courses in a course hierarchy
- Fixed the module count discrepancy in a user’s enrolled tab and course page
- Module list can not be reordered in My Library tab of Content page
- Past Due label is removed for content that was completed on time
- Users will no longer receive notification emails for deleted courses
- The module completion spreadsheet will now upload more than 50 users
- Modules with a past expiration date can now be edited and saved
- Increased the recurring enrollment limit to 9999 days
Translations in a Microlearning Module
Oct 27, 2023
- Translations in a Microlearning Module: Formerly a premium-paid feature, the translation feature in a Microlearning Module now comes in a limited-free version that's available to everyone. Making your content more inclusive and accessible to a global audience. With this feature, you can:
- Automatically translate text and videos into multiple languages
- Enjoy AI-generated voice-over tracks for videos
- Translate up to 1 million characters with this limited free version
Updates in the Microlearning Module
Oct 20, 2023
- Asset Library Integration: Enhance your content effortlessly with our extensive collection from the Asset Library. Add pictures on the fly directly into your content.
- Quizzing: An administrator can now set a passing score and specify the number of attempts in your Microlearning Module.
- Improved Thumbnail Generation: Microlearning thumbnails are now automatically generated with a page title and a theme. You can now also upload your own thumbnails inside of the Microlearning Module.
- CenarioVR Integration: Engage your learners in immersive learning by easily pasting a link to your CenarioVR content.
Localization of the User Interface
Apr 27, 2023
- Localization of the User Interface in the Learner Portal: An administrator can change the language of the learner portal, notifications and emails in settings per enterprise. The following languages are available: English, French, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish, Thai.
- New API call: An authorized user can make an API call to a full or enrollable course list (GetCourseList) and get results back as JSON.
- Enterprise and office admins are now allowed to modify user email in the admin UI and via batch user import.
- Library name is displayed as a tooltip when hovering over the subscription thumbnail in the subscriptions tab of the content page.
- A learner activity with only a description type question will be marked complete on the load of the page.
- Improved processing time to add, edit, or delete users in batches.
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Administrators can now delete subcourses
- Featured and saved items now appear faster in the user dashboard
- Courses and modules are now sorted based on re-enrolled date in the enrolled tab
- Module completion import issue
- Active users show pending
- Exported report w/ date range has additional dates
- Incorrect “Unenrolled By” message
- Module notifications not sending
- Translation strings not working for user self-registration
- Deleted courses are no longer displayed in module course locator and a course inventory report
Microlearning Module Editor Enhancements
Feb 2, 2023
Version post 2.4
- Add new block placeholder: When adding a new block between two existing blocks, there is now a placeholder block instead of a floating toolbar.
- UI labels now match in size, weight, placement and punctuation.
- Background does not flutter for most users
Microlearning Module Editor Enhancements
Jan 19, 2023
Version post 2.4
- Replace Option: Easily replace an image, video, game, or arcade without having to delete and add a new block.
- UX polish for placeholder blocks
- Grip icon removed from editing toolbar
Notification Email Improvements
Released Jan 17, 2023
- Authentication of Email Links: Administrators can enable or disable the authentication token in reminder emails
- Module Due Date Enhancement: The Rockstar Learning Platform will now generate “Due Soon” and “Past Due” email and in-app notifications for modules
- Quiz Progress Updates: Quiz progress tracks by fraction instead of percentage
- Auto Populate Module List: Module list is auto populated in enrollments tab
- Ability to Unenroll from a Module: “Allow user to unenroll” setting on a course level applies to modules in that course
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- Improved response time of notification API and module list
- Fixed an issue for pending users with a password
- Discrepancy in course enrollment completion report
- Improved user experience of search in reports
- Fixed user cap error that triggered when updating user email addresses via the user import spreadsheet
Exported Reports and Platform Streamlining Enhancements
Sept 26, 2022
- Module Enrollment Completion Report: Administrators can now track learners’ progress through their enrolled modules.
- Unlock Name and Email Fields: Administrators can now edit the first name, last name, and email address for any user that they have access to.
- Convert Summary Reports to CSV Format: The following reports now export as CSV format: Completion by Course, Completion by Course Enrollment, Completion by Course Tags, Course Enrollment Report, Ratings Report, and User Logins.
- Enrollment Enhancements: Administrators can now select all users in the enrollment tab and enroll them all in a course at the same time. They can also filter users by learner group and select users across multiple pages in the enrollment tab.
- Improved content publishing process time.
- Fixed a discrepancy of course completion percentage in a course enrollment completion report.
- Allowed administrators to change the scoring status of a quiz.
- Fixed report availability at certain times.
- Clear previous answers when you retake the quiz.
Feature Enhancement from Client’s Wish List
June 6, 2022
- View Modules’ Course Listings: Administrators can now view all of the courses a module belongs to, as well as the courses’ path/hierarchy, directly from the module’s details page.
- Update “Percent Complete” for Audio and Video Modules: Admins can now add a “percent complete” to audio and video modules using the “update completion status” feature.
- Batch Delete Modules: The Module Batch Editor now allows admins to delete multiple modules at once, either from the content library or within specific courses.
- Registrations and Module Completion Report to CSV: The exported Registrations Report and Module Completion Report are now CSV files.
- Files Attached to Learner Activities Now in Export Report: A new column has been added to the exported file of the Learner Activity Reports. This column includes hyperlinks to any files that were uploaded to a learner activity.
- Reusable Seats per Office: Admins have a new Office Cap setting. Expired learners can either be counted as part of an Office’s maximum number of learners or their “seats” can be filled by new users.
- Public API: The Rockstar Learning Platform now includes a public API to facilitate integration with other systems.
- Fixed an issue where administrators who used SSO were redirected to a page that stated they did not have access to the admin page when they logged out instead of the logout screen.
- Video attachments will now play when selected rather than download when the user is accessing the module from their phone.
- Fixed an error that occasionally caused newly uploaded modules to be stuck in a “Processing” state.
Administrative Feature Enhancements
March 28, 2022
- Administrators can Mark Modules “Complete”: Administrators can mark that learners have completed a module even if the module was not completed.
- Export a List of Offices: Admins can export a list of offices that belong to each enterprise, including office name, abbreviation, expiration period, office cap, and the number of active users.
- Rename the “Learner Activity” Field: Administrators can now rename “Learner Activities” similar to how they can rename “Courses” and “Modules”.
- New “Enrolled By” Column in the Completion Report: The new “Enrolled By” column shows the email address of the person who enrolled a learner in the course/module.
- Single Sign-On IdP Enhancements: Administrators can now choose to route Rockstar Learning Platform-generated emails through the identity provider’s (IdP) login page. They can also choose to prevent users from logging in directly to the Rockstar Learning Platform, and only allow logon through the IdPs login page.
- Training ArcadeTM Demo: Users who do not yet have a Training ArcadeTM account, are now able to add demo games and ArcadesTM to try out the experience.
- CenarioVR Thumbnails: CenarioVR SCORM files uploaded to the Rockstar Learning Platform are now easily identified by a CenarioVR thumbnail image that is automatically added to the module.
- Events with dates that span multiple months will now appear correctly in the Event Calendar.
- Display problems with the course/module description on the “Enrolled” tab of the user dashboard have been fixed.
- Hyphens are now allowed in subdomains.
- Due date notifications no longer trigger for learners who have already completed the course.
- The information in the “Additional” field is now correctly displayed in the Event Course report.
Simplify Enrollment, Cancel RSVP, and Publish from Lectora Online
January 10, 2022
- Enrollment Due Dates. Administrators can now set due dates for module and course enrollment. Due dates can be a specific day or a relative day based on when the user was enrolled in the course/module. Administrators can also set automated “due soon” and “past due” reminders for learners.
- Auto-Recurring Enrollments. For modules and courses that need to be taken periodically, administrators can now set up automatic recurring enrollments. Administrators can view enrollment completion based on each enrollment period.
- Lectora Online One-Click Publish. Course developers can now publish directly from Lectora Online to the Rockstar Learning Platform.
- “All” Learner Group. Users, modules, and channels will now be automatically assigned to the “All” learner group. Administrators can toggle this new feature off, and users, modules, and Channels can be removed from the “All” learner group. This feature will be toggled off by default for existing accounts and must be toggled on if this new feature is desired.
- Preview Modules. Modules (video, audio, SCORM, PDF, link, and YouTube) can be previewed in the My Library and Subscription tabs with the new “Preview” button.
- “Expired” Module Status: Modules that have expired will now display they are “expired” rather than “not published”.
- Cancel RSVP: Admins can now cancel users’ RSVPs for event modules and users can cancel their own RSVPs.
- User Status Field: A user status field has been added to the module completion report.
- SCORM Launch in New Window: The usability of SCORM files that are launched in a new window has been improved.
- The SCORM 2004 Data Model has been updated
- The “Open in a New Window” feature has been improved for Bizlibrary, Articulate Rise, and other SCORM modules
- Loading time has been improved and continuous loading errors have been resolved
- An issue with duplicate microlearning modules on creation has been fixed
- Improved search capabilities
- All enterprise strings now display in the settings dropdown
- The “Library has expired” error message has been removed
- Users are no longer logged out when selecting enrolled modules
- The “Enroll others” button now reliably selects the correct module
- The import users list can now include both new and existing users; existing users will not have a new account created
- Blank spaces can no longer be added to the end of users’ emails on the “Enrollment” tab
- Enrollment emails now automatically log users in when they select the “start” button
- Report exporting capabilities and display has been improved
- Button display and other display issues with module pages and thumbnails have been resolved
- Prerequisite navigation has been repaired
- The display and functionality of the microlearning module builder’s camera feature, CenarioVR modules, and other features have been improved
- Module pages now consistently display the “Add to saved”, “Rating”, and “Add to board” buttons
- SCORM module scoring no longer displays “NAN”
- “Session” has been replaced with “Module” on the “Enroll” popup window and on the “Status completion” popup
- The “Exit” button on modules that have opened in a new tab now works reliably
RLP 1.5.11 Maintenance
November 21, 2021
- RSVP button is now disabled for Prerequisites
- Microlearning Modules are no longer duplicating when first created
- Users can no longer edit virtual copies of microlearning modules and games
- Making a virtual copy of a module only creates one copy entry
- Enrollment completion data for historic records have been updated
- Problems with launching VADO SCORM modules have been resolved
- Broken Images in CVR modules have been repaired
Enrollment Feature Enhancements and Usability Improvements
September 09, 2021
- Unenroll learners. Administrators can now unenroll learners who self-enrolled in courses or modules or learners that were enrolled by administrators.
- Hide the Unenroll button for specific courses. The Unenroll button that is displayed on course tiles on the learner dashboard, course pages, and module pages can now be hidden by setting Allow Users to Unenroll to No when editing a course from the administrative Content page.
- Batch enroll up to 999 learners at once. Administrators are now able to batch enroll up to 999 users at the same time (previous limit was 100).
- Launch SCORM in its own window. Administrators are now able to specify with an on/off toggle if a SCORM module will launch in its own window (as opposed to opening on the course page).
- Session has been renamed to Module. This change addresses a common point of confusion for new users of the platform and is in line with standard terminology used when referring to units of instructional content.
- Media Group has been renamed to Learner Group. This change more accurately reflects how these tags are used for assigning content to specific groups of learners.
Build out Microlearning Modules & Add Games—No Separate Authoring Tool Needed!
July 21, 2021
- Create microlearning modules using the new built-in rapid authoring tool. Add microlearning modules (with text, images, videos, and more) to your reusable content library—no separate authoring tool required!
- Insert games and arcades from The Training ArcadeTM. Connect your account from The Training ArcadeTM to easily add games and arcades into your reusable content library in the Rockstar Learning Platform. Then add them to courses, microlearning modules, and channels.
- View all enrolled users. Administrators are now able to view all learners enrolled in a course, including those who self-enrolled or were enrolled by another administrator.
- Results display issue with the Interactive > Users report
Create and Subscribe to Content Libraries - All with a Faster Load Time
April 30, 2021
- Content providers on the Rockstar Learning Platform can now be enabled as Publishers. Publishers can create libraries of content to share with other Rockstar Learning Platform customers.
- Subscribers will be able to access published content from the Subscriptions tab on their admin Content page and can blend subscription content into their courses and channels.
- Improved usability of the following reports:
- User: User Details
- Interactive: Module
- Interactive: User
- Events: Module
- Events: User
- Activity: Module
- Activity: User
Data for these reports is available at a glance now; there is no need to search in order to see results.
- Course page load time has been significantly reduced
Seeing Your Content Contributions Just got Easier
April 22, 2021
- User-contributed content is listed under the Contributions tab instead of My Library
Create Learning Paths Based on Learners’ Interests - Plus SAML and an Improved Video Interface
March 23, 2021
- Interest assessments with automatic enrollment to personalize learning paths based on a person’s interests
- SAML Integration can now be set up in general settings of admin
- Admins can now add YouTube videos that are displayed inline on the module page
- Links and YouTube videos now have an option to open in a new window
- Video duration is displayed on the course page
- A Media group filter was added to the enrollment tab of the admin section
Contribute YouTube Videos to Channels
February 26, 2021
- Users can now contribute YouTube videos to channels
Premium Feature: BizLibrary Ready-Made Courses
January 29, 2021
- BizLibrary- a subscription to more than 2,500 video-based micro-courses
Manage Your Learning System: Assessment-Based Learning Paths, VILT Integration, Learner Activities, and Premium Video Coaching
January 22, 2021
- Learner pre-assessments with automatic enrollment to personalize learning paths based on skill gaps and interests
- Events for integrating Virtual Instructor-led Training into courses and learning pathways
- Learner Activities to promote higher levels of engagement and retention, with task lists for on-the-job training guidance and learner evidence uploads to document real-world learning and experience
- Channels that enable you to turn on learning streams in your organization to provide a constant flow of knowledge, provided in almost real-time, to the people who need it in order to competently perform their jobs and enhance their skill set
- “Contribute” button that enables channel members to create and share learning content with others in the channel with one click
- Rehearsal for video coaching- a tool with automatic speech recognition and natural language processing to automatically advance learners through a video coaching learning scenario